Mexico Itineraries: Adventure of a Lifetime
Use our Mexico itineraries below to generate amazing ideas to plan for your next travel adventure. Get your adrenaline pumping and your heart beating while exploring everything Mexico has to offer.
What is it that you picture when you think of travelling to Mexico for an adventure?
Is it sipping Mexican margarita while soaking up the sun on the beach in Cabo or Puerto Vallarta?
Sounds good to us…
For a lot of people, a travel adventure in Mexico consists of sparkling infinity pools, imagines of sandy beaches, including nice fruity and frozen drinks that have little umbrellas in them – basically everything you need for a holiday adventure that involves relaxing, little more than lying around and attaining the perfect shade of tan.
But beyond the Margaritas and beach chairs, Mexico is full of so many exciting activities for the not-so adventurous traveller and the adventurous traveller.
Mexico is home to a vast number of coastlines, rivers, and lakes as well as divers’ mountain regions which makes it one of the great places to explore.
It doesn’t even matter which region of Mexico you visit for an adventure as you can always find some ways to put a little adventure into your trip there.
Ready for a rappelling and caving adventure in Mexico?
The following itineraries extend through the entire length of this vast country, from the beaches and jungles of the south to the grand colonial cities at the center and the Mayan ruins.
Given the huge distances involved, it’s likely you may not be able to cover all, but picking a few of the highlights will give you a deeper insight into Mexico’s history and its natural wonders.
Where else can you explore Mayan ruins and Aztec one day and then enjoy the following day sipping margaritas as you party on the beach?
Mexico itineraries offer something great for every traveller whether you want to have a taste of an authentic Mexican food in Valladolid, climb to the top of Mayan Pyramids in Cozumel, or snooze in a hammock on the beaches of the Yucatan Peninsula.
If you are truly looking for the perfect Mexico Itineraries, we’ve got something special for you here.
Recommended Mexico Itineraries
Let’s get started…!
The Heart of Mexico
10 Days Tour
This amazing 10-day travel adventure will lead you to the very heart of Mexico as you visit Mexico City for an amazing sight, cooking class, Merida to have a view of the Mayan ruins, and many other unbelievable places and experiences.
- Mexico City
Meet your private transfer driver at the airport and head over to your prepared accommodation. Spend the rest of your day relaxing your body.
- Mexico City
Enjoy a walking tour of the Mexico City Centre, visit Diego Rivera’s mural at the National Palace, Art Palace, and many more.
- Mexico City
Experience a lovely private gastronomic cooking class and tour
- Puebla City and Cholula
Head over to the historic Puebla city to explore more of the sixteenth-century cathedral and streets. Visit Cholula and explore it several catholic temples built over pre-Colombian monuments, as well as the enormous pyramid with pre-Hispanic murals.
Have a tour through the Puebla city, which is an amazing World Heritage Site that is been surrounded by mountains of the Sierra del Sur.
Go on a fabulous excursion to Monte Alban
Take a tour to have a view of the lovely petrified falls at Hierve el Agua and see one of the biggest trees in the world. Have a visit to Mitla which is the second most important ceremonial center.
Take a guided tour of Merida and have a look at the Government Palace and the sixteenth-century cathedral.
Have a guided tour to the archaeological sites at Kabah and Uxmal which is home to mesmerizing buildings like the pyramid of the Magician, the Palace of Chaac Masks, the Governor’s Palace, and the Arch of Kabah.
Take a tour to Chichen Itza on the Mayan Riviera. Head on to the Caribbean and enjoy a night at the beach before your return flight back home.
With this tailor-made Mexico itineraries, you will amazingly experience the Heart of Mexico.
You can as well take some inspiration from the itinerary and use it to create your own personalized version.
Ten days isn’t really enough time to fit in some of the country’s fascinating destinations and unique experiences into your Mexico itineraries.
More Travel Guides:
Mexico Itineraries: Other Mexico Must-See Places
Mexico is often associated with the beach resort in Cabo or Cancun, but there is so much to it than that.
If you are the type that travels for the history, culture, nature, and cuisine, then you’ll enjoy breaking open this pinata of amazing experiences.
While there are lots of must-see places in Mexico that you can fit in one trip, here is the list of all stops that are worth considering during your Mexico travel adventure.
- Tepoztian (Central Mexico)
- Guanajuato (Central Mexico)
- Oaxaca City (Southern Mexico)
- Sumidero Canyon
- San Cristobal de las Casas
- Yucatan Peninsula (Southern Mexico)
- Cenotes of the Yucatan
- The Pacific Coast (Western Mexico)
- Copper Canyon (Northern Mexico)
- Creel (Northern Mexico)
Famous Tourist Attractions in Mexico City
- Chapultepec Castle
- Angel de la Independencia
- Anthropology Museum
- Palacio de Bellas Artes
- Palacio Nacional
- Metropolitan Cathedral
- Templo Mayor Ruins
- Basilica de Guadalupe
Eco-Adventure Things to do in Mexico: Mexico Itineraries
Here are some few ideas to get you started on your eco-adventure activities in Mexico:
Snorkeling the Cenotes in the Mayan Riviera
Diving and Scuba in Acapulco
Surfing in Puerto Escondido
Kayaking in Baja
Zip-lining in Tulum
Mountain Climbing in Central Mexico
Sport Fishing in Zihuatanejo
River Rafting near Mexico
Discover 52 Most Fascinating Things to do in Mexico
Mexico is home to 35 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, ancient Mayan ruins, colourful colonial cities, and countless cenotes.
…what about the food in Mexico? It all goes beyond tacos.
Here, we’ve made up an epic list of the 55 most amazing things to do in Mexico which you really need to add to your Mexico itineraries.
You may want to experience some of these amazing activities when next you go on an amazing adventure to Mexico.
Unique Things to do in Mexico: Mexico Itineraries
- Marvel at Millions of Monarch Butterflies
- Swim in a Cenote
- Witness the Day of the Dead
- Swim with Whale Sharks
- Ride a Horse to Chamula
- Dive or Snorkel at the Underwater Museum in Cancun
- See the Mummy Museum in Guanajuato
- Float by the Flamingos at Celestun
- Laugh at a Lucha Libre Match
- Steam up in a Temazcal
- Browse the Sonora Witch Market
Cultural Things to do in Mexico: Mexico Itineraries
- Admire the art in Puerto Vallarta
- Discover More About the Town of San Miguel de Allende
- Learn About Frida Kahlo
- Gwak at Chichen Itza
- Study Spanish
- Wander the Yellow City of Izamal
- Get Psyched at the Sanctuary of Atotonilco
- Explore the Tulum Ruins
- Museum hop in Mexico City
- Learn About Diego Rivera
- Have a look at the Basilica of Our Lady of Zapopan
- Check out the Talavera Tiles in Puebla
- Ogle Orozco’s Murals in Guadalajara
Fun Things to do in Mexico: Mexico Itineraries
- Cruise on a Gondola in Xochimilco
- Stroll Mexico City on a Sunday
- Listen to Mariachi
- Take a Boat Trip to Yelapa
- Shop for Silver in Taxco
- Explore the Botanical Gardens in Puerto Vallarta
- Play Golf
Tasty Things to do in Mexico: Mexico Itineraries
- Sample the Food in Oaxaca
- Taste Tequila in Tequila
- Eat Tacos
- Bite into Exotic Mexican Food
- Go Mezcal Tasting in Oaxaca
- Dine out in Mexico City
People Also Read: Northern Poland Travel Adventure Guides
Adventurous Things to do in Mexico: Mexico Itineraries
- Learn to Surf in Sayulita
- Snorkel or Dive in Cabo Pulmo
- Take a Balloon Ride Over the Pyramids of Teotihuacan
- Swim with Sea Turtle in Akumal
- Jump off Cliffs in Matacanes
- Snorkel with Sea Lions at Los Islotas
- Go White-Water Rafting in Veracruz
- Watch Whales
- Go Scuba Diving in Cozumel
Chill Things to do in Mexico: Mexico Itineraries
- Go on a Sunset Cruise in Cabo
- Lodge in a Beautiful Beach Hotel
- Hang out on the Beaches of Zihuatanejo
- Relax at Bacalar
- Stroll the Sand of Lovers Beach
- Escape to Isla Mujeres
Mexico Itineraries: 20 Surprising Facts About Mexico
Mexico is a vast country with stunning landscapes and here are some mind-blowing Mexican facts that may inspire you to put Mexico on your next travel bucket list ideas:
- Mexico was the birthplace of North American print
- Home of the world’s largest tamale
- The oldest city in North America is the Mexico City
- In Mexico, there are women-only cars in the subway
- Home of the world’s smallest volcano
- Mexico is gay friendly
- Mexico has near ancient education
- The longest and largest underwater cave system in the world can be found in Mexico
- Mexico City is one of the most important financial centres and the 8th wealthiest city in the world
- The city has the largest number of museums in the Americas and the second-highest number in the world.
- Mexico City is the most traffic-congested city in the world
- Chocolate was discovered and originates in Mexico
- Mexico was the first to use tomatoes as food
- The 10th most populous country in the world is Mexico
- Mexico is the largest consumer of bottled water in the world
- Popcorn was first domesticated 9,000 years ago in Mexico
- In 1913, in a span of one hour, Mexico has three different presidents
- In Mexico, artists can use their artwork to pay their taxes
- By number of UNESCO World Heritage, Mexico is the 7th ranked country in the world
Reasons to Visit Mexico: Mexico Itineraries
- World Class Adventure
- Affordable Prices
- Convenient Logistic
- Ecotourism Opportunities
- Sustainability Focus
- Cultural Contact
Now you know what to do in Mexico!
You’ve clearly seen there are so many fascinating things to do and see in Mexico – you’ll want to plan a lot of time to visit this wonderful country so as to enjoy your adventure to the fullest.
NOTE: Please make sure you follow local guidelines to stay safe and double-check what’s open before you embark on your adventure to Mexico.
We hope you’ll enjoy your adventure in Mexico with our Mexico Itineraries.
We welcome all your questions and comments to this article.
We’ll sure respond to your question within 48 hours.
You Might Also Like
Travel With Kindness, Travel Without Fear, Travel With Positive Energy.
Disclaimer: All information on this blog page was accurate at the time of publication, but it is subject to change without notice at any moment. Travelpediaonline will not be held responsible for any liabilities or trouble incurred as a result of the use of inaccurate or out-of-date information.